News & Events
A Message From Barbara - Vision for 2021
My vision for 2021 is to help people. I see yoga as a tool - a piece of the puzzle - to help people regain and build BALANCE - STRENGTH - and FLEXIBILITY. We do this by learning and practicing a process - AWARENESS - ACKNOWLEDGING - LETTING GO. Yoga poses (exercises) help us accomplish that on a physical level. Adding breath awareness helps us on a mental level. And the opportunity for stillness of body and mind helps us on a spiritual level. It is a personal journey/practice and our studio is a safe place to explore all aspects of ourselves from the inside-out.
We will accomplish this goal by having
- certified teachers who modify the class depending on who attends
- class that continuously teach the basics and offer the next step
- lectures from teachers within and outside the yoga center
- clinics/workshops to develop deeper understanding alignment
June 5, 2018 Announcement from AmericanTowns Media
It was an honor and a surprise to receive the following notification:
"We're delighted to inform you that Texas Yoga Center has been selected as one of the best Yoga Studios in Texas by Best of AmericanTowns, a property of AmericanTowns Media!"
For over 15 years, AmericanTowns Media has been the leader in highlighting the incredible work of great local organizations and initiatives. Best of AmericanTowns brings the most interesting and unique places in America right to the fingertips of the user with the opportunity to browse the best places to eat, live, and visit.
We are happy to spotlight the excellence you've achieved in your work.
Yoga Teacher Certification Program
Comprised of a three-tiered program with the emphasis on the actual teaching of asanas. In-depth study of asanas, pranayama, meditation, prenatal yoga, anatomy and much more will be taught. Please click lectures & workshop for more details.
The Art of Eating - Click Workshops for dates
I will discuss the process of digestion, absorption, and elimination and how to apply the principles of mindfulness we use during our yoga classes to our hectic lifestyle of eating. Do you know what the key indicator of optimum digestion is? Learn about the intelligence of digestion, receive dietary suggestions, and tips on mindful eating habits. OPEN TO EVERYONE - INVITE A FRIEND
Our yoga class is a special time to step out of the whirl wind of life. So the following guidelines will help us all experience the best class possible. Thank you in advance for your presence.
- Arrive early, or on time - We will respect your time by starting and ending class promptly. AND - we ask you to arrive early to respect your fellow students and teacher.
- LOCKING THE DOOR - As a safety measure for our class and to prevent interruptions once class has started, we will be locking the door once class starts - so don't risk being locked out!
- SILENCE YOUR CELL PHONE - to the DO NOT DISTURB MODE. For just this time, be wholly present - take a break.
- PROTECT YOUR VALUABLES - Please bring your valuables into the studio (instead of leaving them in your car). We have a safe place for them inside the yoga room.
- LEAVE YOUR SHOES AT THE DOOR - We practice in bare feet or socks. There is plenty of room to slip your shoes off under the benches by the front door.
- FRAGRANCE FREE ZONE - Bring your fresh yogi-body to class with you, but please save all fragrances, essential oils or perfumes for another time.
- QUIET VOICES - We encourage friendliness and building community, so feel free to QUIETLY greet your friends before or after class. However, please be respectful of those who choose to meditate or sit quietly while waiting for class to begin.
- YOGA MATS - You are welcome to bring your own yoga mat or use one provided by the studio (free).
- REGISTRATION FORM - Completing this form helps us know you, your reason for trying yoga, and any areas of concern that you may have. Our teachers are trained to offer modifications to help you grow your practice in the safest way for you.
- BE TIDY - Return your block, strap, mat or whatever prop you may have used back to its place; discard any trash - and even offer to help your fellow yogi.
Thank you for helping us keep our 'zen zone' a welcome and comfortable place to be life-long learners!
Thank You Referral Discounts on Monthly Registration
I am so grateful when you tell your friends and family about Texas Yoga Center. Our primary advertising is by word of mouth and your awesome energy out in the community. When you bring one person who signs up, we'll take 10% off your fee for that month. We'll take a total of 15% off if two or more friends sign up. A referral discount form will be available for you to complete for my record keeping.
We have the greatest group of yogis and yogini's in Houston. I am blessed everytime I'm in class and as always I humbly thank you for being at Texas Yoga Center. Barbara